We offer a 4-day Intermediate Ice Climbing training for individuals who have completed a few training days and want to improve their abilities for more challenging alpine ascents or establish leadership skills.
This is the progression of Ice Climbing Skills.
This training is for those who have some glacier experience & belaying or successfully finished Ice climbing skills.
Ice Climbing Skills Course Content
- Ice Screw Placements
- Belaying a Lead Climber
- Knots and Hitches
- Single and Multi-Point Ice Anchors
- Follow a Leader/Remove Screws
- Advance Ice Technique to WI4+
Ice Climbing Skills Take Away
- Detecting dangers
- Risk management when climbing and abseiling
- How to request aid from mountain rescue
Specifics: Ice Climbing Training
- Duration: 4 Days
- Experience: Some glacier experience & belaying is required.
- Age: Minimum age is 13 years, and there is no upper limit.
- Max: 4 People per course.
- Meeting Location: HOTEL KUNZAM, Manali HP.
- Season: from May until Oct, check the calendar below for the date
Cost Per Person
Course Fee: 25,000 INR / 320$ US
Including and Excluding
- Residential: Throughout the training, lodging, transportation, and all meals will be provided. No transport to and from Manali.
- Equipment: All group climbing equipment rope, ice axe, crampons, etc. will be provided. Personal equipment: shoes, sleeping bag, or pad you can hire.
Recommended Further Training: