This introductory Backpacking Skills course’s primary goals are to cultivate your personal abilities and confidence in all aspects of Himalayan or other mountain trekking.
Beginner Backpacking Skills training is intended for hikers and other outdoor enthusiasts with little or no outdoor experience in a mountain or wilderness setting.
Backpacking Skills Course Content
- Selection and packaging of gear
- Tent and food bag fastening knots and hitches
- The Essentials of land navigation
- Methods of hydration
- Treatment of water
Backpacking Skills Take Away
- Able to organize and execute a fun day hike, utilizing existing routes and campsites.
- The basis for more advanced wilderness and mountaineering abilities.
Specifics: Backpacking Skills
- Duration: 1 Day
- Experience: No prior experience is necessary.
- Age: Minimum age is 10 years old, and there is no upper limit.
- Max: 8 People per course.
- Meeting Location: HOTEL KUNZAM, Manali HP.
- Season: Year-round, check the calendar below for the date.
Cost Per Person
Course Fee: 3000 INR / 40$ US
Including and Excluding
- Non-Residential: There will be no lodging, meals, or transportation provided. Participants must bring their own packed lunch. During the course, just soft drinks and nibbles will be provided.
- Equipment: All group climbing equipment will be provided. Bring your own 1-lit personal water bottle. Notebook Pen in a day packs to carry all your stuff.
- Clothing: Appropriate clothing as per the weather.
Recommended Further Training: