Climbers at the introductory level will learn the fundamentals of Snow Climbing Skills as well as the use of snow tools.
Ideal for hikers, summer trekkers, and backcountry skiers, eager to take their outdoor love to a whole new level. When handled properly, an ice axe may be your best buddy on mountains, but in the hands of the inexperienced, it can turn into your deadliest enemy. Crampons are the same way. Allow our expert instructors to demonstrate how to utilize the types of equipment and strategies for climbing high slopes and avoiding falls.
Snow Climbing Skills Course Content
- Snow climbing technique and footwork
- Ice axe and crampon use
- Rope work and basic snow anchors
- Plunge stepping
- Evaluating the snow conditions
Snow Climbing Skills Take Away
- Able to negotiate steep snowy ground safely
- The basis for more advanced wilderness and mountaineering abilities.
- Duration: 3 Days
- Experience: No prior experience is necessary but you should be physically fit and able to carry a heavy backpack at an altitude of 8000 -12000 ft.
- Age: Minimum age is 16 years, and there is no upper limit.
- Max: 6 People per course
- Meeting Location: HOTEL KUNZAM, Manali HP.
- Season: from May until Oct, check the calendar below for the date.
Cost Per Person
Course Fee: 15,000 INR / 200$ US
Including and Excluding
- Residential: Throughout the training, lodging, transportation, and all meals will be provided. No transportation to and from Manali.
- Equipment: All group climbing equipment rope, ice axe, crampons, etc. will be provided. Personal equipment: shoes, sleeping bag, or pad you can hire.
Recommended Further Training: