Kuari, which literally means “the virgin pass,” is an option for the breathtaking view of Great Himalayan peaks such as Trishul, Kamet, Kedarnath, Hathi, Dunagiri, and, of course, Nandadevi. Kuari Pass is a good option for those who have previously done some trekking in the Himalayas.
- Area: Uttrakhand – Kuari Pass – (Rishikesh, Joshimath)
- Altitude: Min: Rishikesh (550Mts.) Max: (4265Mts.)
- Age: 8 years and above.
- Duration: 08 Days – 07 Nights
- Trek Grade:
Easy Moderate Difficult
- Best Time: April to July end, Sept to Oct
Kuari Pass Trek Route Details
- Day 01: Rishikesh to Chefna Ghat 6-7 hrs
- Day 02: Chefna to Ghunni 4-5 hrs
- Day 03: Ghunni to Sem Kharak 5-6 hrs
- Day 04: Sem Kharak to Pana 5-6 hrs
- Day 05: Pana to Dhakwani 6-7 hrs
- Day 06: Dhakwani to Kuari Pass to Khulara 4-5 hrs
- Day 07: Khulara to Tapovan 4-5 hrs
- Day 08: Joshimath to Rishikesh 6-7 hrs
Cost: INR 40,000 / 490$ US
- Includes: Professional guide, permit, shared tent accommodation, all meals from day 1 lunch to last day lunch, safety- first aid kit, and other technical equipment. Shared cab from Rishikesh to Chefna and back to Rishikesh.
- Excludes: Transportation to and back from Rishikesh, Individual Potter, mules, meals while driving (no drive in this trek), and stay in Rishikesh.
- Optional: Extra cost Potter/mule for a day pack.
Kuari Pass Itinerary
Day 01: Drive Rishikesh to Chefna Ghat 6-7 hrs
- Drive Rishikesh to Chefna (1560m) 6-7 hrs
- Overnight Camp at Chefna ghat
Day 02: Chefna to Ghunni 4-5 hrs
- Trek Chefna to Ghunni (2450m) 4-5hrs.Gradual Uphill trek
- Overnight camp at Ghunni
Day 03: Ghunni to Sem Kharak 5-6 hrs
- Trek Ghunni Sem Kharak (2630 m).First uphill to the shoulder of the mountain2-3hrs and then downhill until Sem Kharak 2-3hrs.
- Overnight camp at Sem Kharak (2630 m)
Day 04: Sem Kharak to Pana 5-6 hrs
The trek from Sem Kharak to Pana (2790m) is all the way downhill to a suspension bridge which takes around 2-3hrs and then all the way switchback uphill to Pana village 2-3hrs.
Day 05: Pana to Dhakwani 6-7 hrs
- Trek Pana- Dhakwani (3105m) First uphill for 1-2hrs then 1-2hrs gradual traverse downhill until the bridge is close to the waterfall last part is switchback uphill for 1-2hrs until Dhakwani.
- Overnight Khulara.
Day 06: Dhakwani to Kuari Pass to Khulara 4-5 hrs
- Trek Dhakwani – Kuari Pass(4265m) 1-2 hrs Switchback uphill
- Trek Kuari Pass – Khulara (3100m) 1-2 hrs.
- Downhill traverse until Khulara.
- Overnight Camp Khulara.
Day 07: Khulara to Tapovan 4-5 hrs
- Trek Khulara – Tapovan (1905m) all the way switchback downhill until Tapovan.
- Drive Tapovan – Joshimath.1 hr
- Overnight Hotel in Joshimath. (1330m)
Day 08: Joshimath to Rishikesh 6-7 hrs
- Drive Joshimath to Rishikesh 6-7hrs
Recommended For You