Join us for a one-day session geared to get you started on your backcountry skiing tour excursions! Equip yourself with cutting-edge tactics and abilities to ski safely beyond the resorts.
Pow – if you go after a fresh snowfall, you’ll not only learn a lot, but you could even get some good pictures! Regardless, Backcountry Skiing (Maxim) course will give you the confidence to venture out of boundaries into the backcountry, where truly amazing terrain awaits you.
Backcountry Skiing Course Content
- Uphill skinning and track laying
- Downhill backcountry-specific ski and boarding skills
- Backcountry safety
- Ski Group management
- Avalanche awareness
- Terrain selection
- Confidence when Ski
- Bases for Alpine Ski Mountaineering
- Duration: 1 Day
- Experience: No prior experience is necessary.
- Age: Minimum age is 10 years, and there is no upper limit.
- Max: 4 People per course.
- Meeting Location: HOTEL KUNZAM, Manali HP.
- Season: January – February.
Cost Per Person
Course Fee: 4900 INR / 80$ US
Including and Excluding
- Non – Residential: There will be no lodging, meals, or transportation provided. Participants must bring their own packed lunch. During the course, just soft drinks and snacks will be provided.
- Equipment: Individual ski set with ski poles will be provided. Bring your own 1-lit personal water bottle or tea flasks. Notebook Pen in a day packs to carry all your stuff.
- Clothing: Appropriate clothing as per the weather.
Recommended Further Training: