Friendship Peak was named after two climbers who met while climbing from different ridges of the peak and completed the summit together. They chose to name it Friendship Peak because they became friends while there.
Friendship Peak Details
- CATEGORY – Peak Ascent
- LOCATION – Himachal Pradesh (Manali)
- ALTITUDE – 5289 m
- GRADE – Demanding
- DURATION – 05 Days
Friendship Peak Route Details
- Day 01: Manali acclimatization & equipment check
- Day 02: Manali to Lady Leg 3200 m (6 hrs)
- Day 03: Lady leg to Glacier camp 4000 m (4 hrs)
- Day 04: Glacier Camp to Summit Friendship Peak 5289 m back to Lady leg (7 hrs)
- Day 05: Lady leg to Manali (6 hrs)
Cost: INR 25,000 / 300$ US
- Includes: Professional guide, Permits, 2 people shared tent accommodation, all meals from day-1 lunch to day-5 lunch, drive from Manali to Dhundi trek start point and back to Manali, safety equipment with first aid kit, other technical equipment, and all group climbing gear like ropes, anchors, slings, etc.
- Excludes: travel to and from Manali, sleeping bag, an individual climbing kit which would be hired climbing boots, ice-axes, crampons and gaiters, personal clothing items, phone calls, insurance, meals while driving, camera fee, cost incurred as a result of unanticipated situations like as terrible weather, landslides, road conditions, or any other factors beyond our control.
- Optional: On-request transportation to and from Manali, Extra cost for potter/mule for a day pack.
Friendship Ascent Itinerary
Day 01: Manali acclimatization & equipment check
Organize your climbing equipment once you arrive. Examine your climbing equipment (climbing boots, crampons, and harnesses). After lunch, spend some time touring the town. Optional: You may visit the Hadimba temple, the Vashisht hot water springs, or the Roerich Art Gallery in Naggar while in Manali.
Day 02: Manali to Lady Leg 3200 m (6 hrs)
After an early breakfast, take a one-hour drive through Palchan and Solang Nallah to Dhundi (2850m), the beginning location of the expedition. The short hike follows the Beas River on the left bank before climbing sharply to the Lady Leg grazing meadows.
Day 03: Lady leg to Glacier Camp 4000 m (4 hrs)
Rope up and apply crampons to navigate the glacier to the glacier camp. This camp makes the next morning’s effort to ascend Friendship Peak simpler.
Day 04: Glacier Camp to Summit Friendship Peak 5289 m back to Lady leg (7 hrs)
Prepare for the Friendship peak ascent early in the morning after a brief breakfast. To take advantage of the weather and gain nice views, arrive at the peak early in the morning. After spending some time on the peak of Friendship for photos and snacks, begin the descent to the lady-leg.
Day 05: Lady Leg to Manali 6 hrs
Trek from Lady Leg to Dhundi, the road ahead, and then drive back to Manali.
Recommended For You