Our objectives in Mountain Rescue include both training our trainees to respond effectively to emergency situations in the mountains and teaching the broader public about mountain safety.
With simulations and practical sessions, you will study both the medical and technical sides of Mountain Rescue operations before applying what you’ve learned in one full day of training.
Mountain Rescue Course Content
- Starting the Search
- Search Planning
- Gathering Information
- Predicting Lost Person Behavior
- Defining the Search Area
- Setting Priorities
- Probabilities of Area (POA)
- Allocating SAR Resources-SAR Tactics
- Tracking Probability of Detection (POD)
- Changing Search Preferences
- Changing the POA
- Brief and Debrief
- Search on Hold
- Searcher Safety
- Managing Searcher Anxiety
- Further Possibilities and Actions
- Confident when leading on the mountains
- Mitigate a full-fledged tragedy
- Rescue tactics are an excellent addition to your repertoire
- Wilderness First Aid
- Aspirant and Certified Mountain Professionals
- Basic Navigation Skills
- Physical Fitness
- Duration: 1 Day
- Experience: Physically fit previous rock, ice, or mountain climbing experience is required.
- Age: Minimum age is 18 years, and there is no upper limit.
- Max: 4 people per course.
- Meeting Location: HOTEL KUNZAM, Manali HP.
- Season: Year-round, check the calendar below for the date.
Cost Per Person
Course Fee: 10,000 INR / 130$ US
Including and Excluding
- Non-Residential: There will be no lodging, meals, or transportation provided. Participants must bring their own packed lunch. During the course, just soft drinks and nibbles will be provided.
- Equipment: All group climbing equipment ice axe, crampons, etc. will be provided. Bring your own 1-lit personal water bottle. Notebook Pen in a day packs to carry all your stuff.
- Clothing: Appropriate clothing as per the weather.
Recommended Further Training: