The goal of the Crevasse Rescue is to teach students the core skills needed to be a participant in a rope team and to create your toolset in order to kick-start your career.
The Crevasse Rescue training will prepare you and your crew to travel over glaciated territory. You’ll learn about glacier gear, roped team climbing methods, and how to rescue yourself and your member(s) from a crevasse. These abilities are required for people who intend to climb snowcapped summits.
Crevasse Rescue Course Content
- Management of risk for glacier travel
- Rope work for glacier exploration
- Snow anchor construction and testing in snow and ice
- Self-rescue from a crevasse
- Mechanical advantage hauling methods (2:1, 3:1, 5:1 and 6:1)
- In rescue circumstances, ascending and descending
Crevasse Rescue TakeAway
- Confident when leading on glacier travel
- Mitigate a full-fledged tragedy
- Rescue tactics are an excellent addition to your repertoire.
- Duration: 4 Days
- Required: Basic rope-management skills (belaying, rappelling, use of a harness, standard knots used in climbing systems, etc)
- Experience: Physically fit Previous rock, ice, or mountain climbing experience is required.
- Age: Minimum age is 16 years, and there is no upper limit.
- Max: 4 People per course
- Meeting Location: HOTEL KUNZAM, Manali HP.
- Season: from May until Oct, check the calendar below for the date.
Cost Per Person
Course Fee: 25,000 INR / 320$ US
Including and Excluding
- Residential: Throughout the training, lodging, transportation, and all meals will be provided. No transport to and from Manali.
- Equipment: All group climbing equipment rope, ice axe, crampons, etc. will be provided. Personal equipment: shoes, sleeping bag, or pad you can hire.
Recommended Further Training: