Map Reading Skills are a highly valuable ability for almost everyone, whether you enjoy trekking outside or not.
GPS devices and cell phones with Location Tracking are becoming popular navigating tools in this digital realm. However, the extension of all these gadgets is resulting in an increase in mountain rescue calls globally. Whereas a GPS gadget is useful, solid map and compass skills are also crucial.
Map and compass skills may be a difficult and confusing topic. You will no more be chasing somebody else after you have mastered the fundamentals. You’ll be creating your customized treks and trekking in places you never imagined imaginable!
The course begins with map and compass essentials eventually progressing to much more complex navigation skills such as timing, pacing, and navigational tactics.
Map Reading Skills Course Content
- The fundamentals of reading a map
- Locating your location
- Getting your bearings
- The simple method to utilize a compass and GPS
- Route layout
- Rescue navigation
Map Reading Take Away
- Self Reliance
- Creating your customized / unexplored hiking mountain trail/ routes
- The basis for more advanced wilderness and mountaineering abilities
- Duration: 1 Day
- Experience: No prior experience is necessary.
- Age: Minimum age is 8 years, and there is no upper limit.
- Max: 8 People per course.
- Meeting Location: HOTEL KUNZAM, Manali HP.
- Season: Year-round, check the calendar for the date.
Cost Per Person
Course Fee: 4000 INR / 50$ US
Including and Excluding
- Non-Residential: There will be no lodging, meals, or transportation provided. Participants must bring their own packed lunch. During the course, just soft drinks and nibbles will be provided.
- Equipment: All group equipment map compass etc. will be provided. Bring your own 1-lit personal water bottle. Notebook Pen in a day packs to carry all your stuff.
- Clothing: Appropriate clothing as per the weather.
Recommended Further Training: