Glacier Travel Skills training covers both the technical and non-technical abilities required to properly plan and lead a glacier ascent.
Good physical condition; the ability to trek in snow for several hours with short stops during a 6+ hour day while carrying a 12+ Kg pack.
This is the progression of Snow Climbing Skills.
Glacier Travel Skills training is for those who have some snow walking experience in the wilderness or have successfully finished Snow climbing Skills.
Glacier Travel Skills Course Content
- Self and team arrests
- Fundamentals of crevasse rescue Z-Pulley
- Fundamentals of snow/glacier travel
- Glacier navigation
- Rope managing
- Roped & un-roped travel
- Knots and hitches for beginners
- Camping in altitude
- Route and summit preparing
- Basic Emergency Response
- Expedition Behavior
- Duration: 4 Days
- Experience: Physically fit with some glacier experience & belaying is required.
- Age: Minimum age is 16 years, and there is no upper limit.
- Max: 4 People per course.
- Meeting Location: HOTEL KUNZAM, Manali HP.
- Season: from April until Oct, check the calendar below for the date.
Cost Per Person
Course Fee: 20,000 INR / 250$ US
Including and Excluding
- Residential: Throughout the training, lodging, transportation, and all meals will be provided. No transportation to and from Manali.
- Equipment: All group climbing equipment rope, ice axe, crampons, etc. will be provided. Personal equipment: shoes, sleeping bag, or pad you can hire.
Recommended Further Training: