Ice Climbing Skills (Maxim) introductory level climbers will understand the fundamentals of ice climbing, including crampons and other ice tools.
This Ice climbing course will teach you how to acquire a comprehensive range of cutting-edge high-angle ice climbing techniques and how to apply them effectively in all situations of mountain climbing.
Ice Climbing Skills Course Content
- Fundamentals of ice climbing skills
- Climbing technique fundamentals
- Design, maintenance, usage, and selection of the right equipment. (Ice Axe and Crampons)
- Technical abilities include knots, tie-ins, belaying, and abseils/ rappelling
- Environmental awareness
- Emergency response methods
- All with a lot of ice climbing
Ice Climbing Skills Take Away
- Basic ice axe skills
- Climbing 70-80 degree slopes, effectively and confidently
- The basis for more advanced glacier and mountaineering abilities
- Duration: 3 Days
- Experience: Chiefly, No prior experience is necessary. However, you should be physically fit and able to carry a heavy backpack at an altitude of 8000 -12000 ft.
- Age: Minimum age is 16 years, and there is no upper limit.
- Max: 4 People per course.
- Meeting Location: HOTEL KUNZAM, Manali HP.
- Season: May until Oct, also check the calendar below for the dates.
Cost Per Person
Course Fee: 15,000 INR / 200$ US
Including and Excluding
- Residential: Throughout the training, lodging, transportation, and meals will be provided. No transportation to and from the location. 2-night camping.
- Equipment: All group climbing equipment rope, ice axe, crampons, etc. will be provided. Personal equipment: shoes, sleeping bag, or pad you can hire.
Recommended Further Training: